Here is how to Program any GE Universal Remote Control. Follow the step by step directions to setup your GE remote control to work with any type of audio or video components.
How to program a GE remote control
When using the remote codes below, you will have to program the remote to use with your TV or device. Find details for how to program your remote to work with your device or TV below…
- Remove the battery cover and batteries from the GE Universal Remote Control.
- Look for a sticker that says the model number of the remote control.
- Identify the version number, indicated by “V2,” “V3” or “V4.”
- If no V-number is listed, then just assume it is version 1.
- Download the .pdf code list for your specific version from the Jasco website and find the code for your device.
- Turn on the device you are programming in to the GE Universal Remote.
- Press down the “Setup” button for 5 seconds until the red indicator light turns on.
- Press the device button, such as “TV,” “DVD,” or “AUX.”
- Enter the 3 or 4 digit code.
- Once you enter a valid code the light turns off.
- Press the “Power” button to test to see if it worked.
- If not keep repeating the steps until you find a code that works.
GE Universal Remote Quick Start Guide
To program a Universal or TV remote control: See the links below and find the brand and model of your remote control. You can also check the remote programming instructions included in the packaging of your remote or find a YouTube video for your specific model number remote.
Once you find the step-by-step instructions to program the remote to work with your GE, use the remote codes included on this page.
Jump to the MOST COMMON UNIVERSAL REMOTE CODES FOR TV here: The most common 2, 3, 4, and 5 digit universal TV remote codes can be found on the following pages: 2 digit TV remote codes, 3 digit TV remote codes, 4 digit TV remote codes, and 5 digit TV remote codes.
PLEASE HELP US AND ALL THE READERS If you have found a remote code that works with your GE, please use the comment form below and tell us and all our readers which remote code worked for which device. Your help will be much appreciated!